2016. január 4., hétfő

Ransom Riggs answers tumblr questions 3



Question about future

skeletontrashprincess: Hello Mr Riggs! I was wondering if there will be any more books on the peculiar children for us to look forward to, following Library of Souls.
Ransom Riggs: PERHAPS. But I couldn’t say when. I’d hate to say goodbye to the peculiars forever, but right now I’ve got some other stories I’m dying to write!

generation-lost: First off I'd just like to say that you're an amazing author. I don't know if this has been asked/answered before, but do you think you will be writing more books now that the Miss Peregrine trilogy is all done?
Ransom Riggs: Well, thank you! *blushes* Yes, I’m definitely going to be writing more books. Working on one right now, in fact, though it’s too soon to say anything about it, other than that I’m very excited and it’s kind of strange to be writing about characters other than my peculiar kids after five years!

linvent Would you consider writing the Tales of the Peculiar? I'd love to read mores stories from this book!
Ransom Riggs: Those peculiar folktales were some of the most fun parts of Hollow City to write, and I’d actually love to write a whole book of them. Not sure when I’ll have time, but maybe one day!

Questions about photos


bizarro--world: Where do you find all the bizarre photos? Are they actual photo or just computer made images?
Ransom Riggs: The photos in the books are all real – I found them at flea markets and swap meets and in the collections of friends of mine who also collect old photos. A couple have had a minor amount of photoshop done on them, but it’s less than 5%. Most of the creepiest ones are absolutely real!

abarcy I loved Talking Pictures! Where do you think is the best place to find old photographs?
Ransom Riggs: The internet’s a great place, and swap meets in Los Angeles (we have A LOT of junk out here and people love to swap it). But it’s getting harder to find really good images, and they’re getting pricier! Maybe people are hoarding them now? 

Personnal questions


meezim: How did your parents come up with your name?
Ransom Riggs: The name Ransom has been in my family for hundreds of years. There was a Ransom Riggs who fought in the revolutionary war! If my parents had just made it up out of nowhere, though, I’d have thought they were pretty strange.

fleshsthetic: Which is your favourite building that you've explored?
Ransom Riggs: The most interesting place I’ve ever explored wasn’t a building but a shipwreck – the wreck of the SS Coolidge, in Vanuatu in the South Pacific. It was a troop transport during WWII that hit a mine and sunk, and it had to be abandoned so quickly that it’s still full of helmets and jeeps and lots of old food rations and tons of strange things. A night dive I did inspired a scene in Miss Peregrine, where Jacob and Emma dive to a shipwreck – which in turn inspired a crazy-amazing scene in the movie, which I can’t tell you much about except OMIGOD. 
I wrote about the shipwreck for mentalflossr when I worked for them years ago: http://mentalfloss.com/article/21403/strange-geographies-exploring-wwii-shipwreck
Vanuatu is an amazing country full of amazing people but it was hit by a devastating cyclone earlier this year, and now they’re having an unprecedented drought (in the south pacific! where it rains all the time!). here’s an organization that’s doing great work, and taking donations to help: 
https://www.care.org.au/country/vanuatu/

nancypullen Where is your favorite place in the world?
Ransom Riggs: The English countryside: Today we hiked for hours in the land of computer desktop wallpapers.

blodynfach As a Welsh person I'm just wondering, why did you choose to set the orphanage in Wales? I mean, it's Wales. Probably hardly anybody outside the UK could point out Wales on a map. Thanks!
Ransom Riggs: It felt like a magical place to me! And one that, besides the Arthurian legends, didn’t already have a ton of fantasy literature attached to it. (Harry Potter lives in Scotland, for instance, so that was taken.)

violetandstarlightgirl So, I know you've taken John Green to a haunted hospital once before. Are there similar experiences you'd like to share?
Ransom Riggs: I’ve explored lots of abandoned places! In fact, I went on a whole expedition to find them when I was making the book trailer for Miss Peregrine (and made a film about it!)
Anonymous: Which book should be read by everybody?
Ransom Riggs: 100 Years of Solitude 

taherehmafi: ummmm i am your #1 fan
Ransom Riggs: nooooo I am yours 

clxmed: What are the brands of the clothing that you are wearing in the featured picture of you on tumblr? (cardigan, bow tie, dress shirt, pants, etc.) Thank you very much
Ransom Riggs: I can’t remember what the pants and shirt are, but the cardigan jacket is by vanishingelephantofficial and the bow tie is made of wood, from Etsy.

harcesis Will you make any new video ? I absolutely adore "when it rains like this". I watch it whenever it rains in my city, which is quite often. Thank you for everything!
Ransom Riggs: Thank you! I love making short documentaries and video essays, but it takes forever for me to make them and I just haven’t had time lately! I was able to shoot a lot of footage behind the scenes of the Miss Peregrine movie, though, and I’ll hopefully be making a video from that sometime soon.

captainatoufas How did you meet Ryan from Sleeping at Last? (Love him and his beautiful brain)
Ransom Riggs: Ryan’s an amazing guy and musician, and I met him through our mutual friend Josh Radnor. He had this amazing birthday party where he invited super talented musicians to come to his house and play acoustic music in his living room (and for some reason he invited Tahereh and I) and we sat in awe next to Ryan as he played and sang. 

beyzathe Is it hard being in a marriage with both partners being so successful that they travel a lot for work like you and Tahereh do?
Ransom Riggs: Actually it’s not, because we are lucky enough that we can travel together most of the time. She’ll be coming along on part of my book tour, for instance, and will be at my event in Houston on 9/29! More info on that here: http://www.quirkbooks.com//los
  
redfox2130 Whats your favorite fruit?
Ransom Riggs: Longan, which I discovered while in Hawaii. A delicate, aromatic sweetness. So good.




Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése